The following information is presented by Urgo Medical North America (hereinafter “Company” or “we”) and applies to the website www.urgomedical.us (hereafter the “Site”).
Collection of Information
It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
What is a personal data?
Personal data means any information that can identify you directly or indirectly.
What personal data do we process?
Personal data we collect from users of the Site may be:
- Personal data that you provide (e.g. through a contact form): the type of personal data we may collect will be determined by the nature of the services you request
- Personal data that we collect or generate automatically when you visit the Site by using Cookies, in particular to improve your experience and produce statistics: pages visited, dates and times of access, preferred content, operating system, type of browser used, etc.
What is the data controller?
The data controller is the Company as defined above.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Your personal data may be collected for the following purposes:
- To produce statistical analyses, particularly of Site traffic
- To manage and improve the Site for optimal user browsing
- To manage and send emails or newsletters and commercial prospecting to users who gave their consent
- To manage, process and respond to users’ questions, requests and enquiries
- To conduct our business in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations
What are the legal bases for the processing of your personal data?
Legal basis to process user’s personal data are:
- Your consent: in some cases we ask for your consent to collect and process your personal data.
- A legal obligation: we may need to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws/regulations (e.g. in the event of a report of an adverse reaction to one of our products).
- Our legitimate interest: we may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating or managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services.
To whom are your personal data transmitted?
User’s personal data that we process will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients with a need to know in accordance with the purposes described in this policy or where required by law, including but not limited to:
- The departments and personnel of our Company and other legal entities of Urgo Group;
- Our Company’s suppliers and service providers (in particular those managing and hosting the Site) who may be called upon to access users’ personal data for purposes strictly necessary for their work;
- Competent authorities in certain cases defined by the law.
How are your personal data protected?
Our Company applies the appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to keep confidential and to protect the personal data processed, taking into consideration the state of art of technology and the cost of implementation.
However, we cannot guarantee that these measures will prevent all risks of disclosure of personal data and we shall not be held responsible for any lack of security, particularly in the event of fraudulent behavior by a third party or in the event that this lack of security is due to the user.
Where is your personal data transferred to?
Urgo Group, to which the Company belongs, is an international group, so we collect and transfer personal data on a global scale, which means that we may have to transfer your browsing data outside your country.
When we transfer your browsing data outside the United States, we ensure that it is protected and transferred in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
The Company’s official Facebook and Instagram accounts may allow users to post their content. Users are informed that the content published on these social networks can be seen by any third party, and that users are required to be vigilant when uploading and publishing personal data on these sites or applications. The Company declines all responsibility for any damage caused by third parties resulting from the publication of their personal data by users.
Links to third party sites
The Site may provide links to sites, applications and services other than those of the Company which may be operated by third parties.
We are not responsible for the processing of personal data by these third-party sites. You should therefore refer to the privacy policies of these third-party sites for further information.
Use of the Site by minors
The Site is not directed to persons under the age of sixteen (16) and we do not knowingly collect personal data from such individuals. If you are under the relevant age of consent in your jurisdiction, you will need your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site. Please consult with your parent or legal guardian before using the Site.
If you are providing us with Personal Data of individuals under the age of sixteen (16), you represent that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority upon our request.
Law and jurisdiction
Acceptance of Terms